A sum of EUR 1 million is allocated for the budget to be shared between eight major districts.
Electronic notice board for Halistenkoski
Summary of the plan
A digital notice board for Halistenkoski. Halistenkoski is popular around the year among hikers, fishermen and people who want to see the rapids. There is a need to increase the up-to-date communication for visitors in the area. The most cost-effective way to do this would be a digital notice board. The notice board will be part of the City of Turku’s signpost family and offer not only content related to the area, but also general guidance and other information.
Major area/Exact location
Area of the canoeing jetty above Halistenkoski to replace the (partly broken) fish ladder signpost. Enclosed is a picture of the location.
All people moving in the area, residents, joggers, canoers, fishermen, hikers, schoolchildren and visitors to the guidance centre.
- Provide up-to-date information on the events and attractions of the area (Halinen-Koroinen). Utilise the events interface of the City of Turku and the information filtered to the area through it.
- Maps, routes and key attractions of the area.
- Possibility for brief announcements (e.g. museum open, welcome).
- Implementing a touch-screen digital notice board for Halistenkoski, through which people receive up-to-date information on the area. The signpost will include an area map, information on outdoor recreation routes and attractions as well as up-to-date information on local events and their schedules.
Communities and people involved in the implementation
- Aurajokisäätiö foundation is committed to acting as a partner in content production.
- Possible other contributors: Kotiseutuyhdistys Halinen-Räntämäki ry, Southwest Finland fishery region, City of Turku/Environmental Protection