A sum of EUR 1 million is allocated for the budget to be shared between eight major districts.
Maximum budget exceeded
This project exceeds the maximum budget and can not be added. If you want, you can delete a project you have already selected to add, or make your vote with your preferences.
These are the projects you have chosen to be part of the budget.
If you change your mind, you can change your vote later.
Info signpost for the jetty below Halistenkoski
A signpost for the canoeing jetty below Halistenkoski.
The northern shore area below Halistenkoski, which houses a canoeing jetty and a new canoe storage, needs a signpost through which the users of the area can be informed. The area is fairly remote from Halistenkoski rest area and cannot be seen from the road. The problem in the area is the littering of the shore areas.
A signpost attached to the wall of the canoe storage could be used to give instructions about moving around in nature and fishing in the area. The information should be available at least in Finnish, Swedish and English. Enclosed is a picture of the possible location of the signpost. Attaching the signpost to the canoe storage would make the overall appearance of the area cleaner. Currently, the storage wall looks somewhat incomplete. The signpost will match the visual appearance of the City of Turku’s guidance concept and the way in which contents are presented.
Summary of the plan
A multilingual signpost with information on the use of the shore area below Halistenkoski, implemented in accordance with the City of Turku’s guidance concept.
Improves the pleasantness and cleanliness of the area as well as informs the users of the area.
Major area/Exact location
- Area of the canoeing jetty below Halistenkoski. A picture is enclosed.
- All people moving in the area: fishermen, canoers, hikers and people enjoying nature and the rapids
- Disseminate information and advice on moving in the area, fishing, use of the canoeing jetty as well as taking the environment into consideration.
- Reduce littering.
- Reduce unpermitted fishing.
- In addition, when implemented well the signpost would make the canoe storage appear as part of the landscape and improve the pleasantness of the canoeing jetty.
- Producing a signpost based on the City of Turku’s signpost concept in connection with the canoeing jetty, providing concise, politely formulated information on the use of the area, the jetty, fishing rules and littering.
- It is proposed that the signpost be attached to the wall of the existing canoe storage.
- Taking into consideration the necessary language versions, as Finnish and English do not reach all users.
- The lower part of the stairs leading down from the embankment should be repaired at the same time.
Communities and people involved in the implementation
- Aurajokisäätiö foundation has promised to assist in producing content.
- Proposal: asking the Southwest Finland fishery region to act as an expert in fishing-related contents.