Asukasbudjetti proposals should meet the following criteria:
- The implementations must be activities subject to Finnish legislation and the competence of the city.
- Implementations must be in line with the city's values and strategy.
- An individual resident can make a proposal, but it would be good if the proposal was prepared regionally / in cooperation with other residents, in order to avoid proposals with the same content.
- The projects have a minimum budget of € 5,000 and a maximum budget of € 100,000 / 125,000.
- It is not possible to hire permanent staff with the resident budget.
- In addition to the general and town plan, the feasibility of the proposals takes into account the service guidelines and planning principles approved by the city authority, as well as the existing network of services and facilities.
- Projects cannot target the activities of enterprises and subsidiaries.
- Asukasbudjetti does not finance items that have already been budgeted for in the city budget.
- Asukasbudjetti does not fund mere planning.